fter a successful sale of a veryA popular Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, rumors say that its successor Redmi Note 5 is going to release soon. The rumoured Xiaomi phone with codenames MET7/MEE7 has been spotted on the Chinese certification authority’s website TENNA. This comes up with the fact that the phone might be launched soon. This leak comes soon after the company announced the Xiaomi Redmi 5A recently in China with claims of a massive ‘eight-day battery life’.
With the recent leaked images of the phones, it seems like the phone has a dual main camera setup. The two listings at TENNA both show a single snapper above an LED flash and a round fingerprint reader on the back of the phones.
According to the TENAA listing, the upcoming Xiaomi smartphone will sport a display with 18:9 aspect ratio, matching the current trend of some handset companies. Although most of the sources say that the phone comes up with a 5.5-inch panel, but TENAA describes a bigger 5.9-inch phablet.
Xiaomi Note 5 Specifications, features
- The phone is rumored to have a 2160 x 1080 pixel, 5.99-inch full-HD+ 2.5D curved glass display and a bezel-less screen with round corners.
- Rumors suggest that the phone may be powered by 2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 600-series SoC.
- Phones may be controlled by a MIUI 9 ROM, running on top of Android 7.1.2 Nougat.
- It supports expandable storage via microSD card (up to 128GB).
- The handset supports hybrid SIM slot.
- The phone is said to sport a 12-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash alongside a 5-megapixel camera at the front.
- The phone is to be packed with a 4000mAh battery.
- The listing says that the handset measures 158.5×75.4x8mm and weighs roughly 180 grams.
- Other features include: a rear-mounted fingerprint reader, IR blaster, Dual-band Wi-Fi a/c, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS.