We all are using Facebook for a long time now. And, as time passes by, we have seen many versions of Facebook as well. No wonder, Facebook is one of the best Social Media platforms and has the highest user base. There are various ways by which you can access your Facebook account these days. However, if you are looking to use Facebook on your PC, the most common way of accessing it via an Internet browser. But, visiting the official website online can sometimes become hectic as it is a heavy website and can take time to load if the connection is poor. So, what can users do if the connection is not good but still want to use Facebook?
Well, you must have heard about the Facebook Lite app for smartphones. Facebook Lite is a smaller package of Facebook app application which has really minimal design and basic functions. Facebook Lite is completely suitable for you if your device is running low on storage or you are having a bad Internet connection. As Facebook lite is quite apt and uses very less amount of data. So, why we should not use this amazing application on our PC. It is a great idea to use the Facebook Lite app for PC as it will save a lot of time to access Facebook every time. Moreover, using the Facebook Lite app on PC will save you a lot of Internet data and it even works on slower connections.
Also, read – Airtel tv app for pc
One more advantage of using Facebook Lite is that it is quite basic and minimal. We get the most basic options and feed that a user actually wants. Although, if you want a complete package of Facebook, you must visit the website. But, if you want to use Facebook for normal usage, only for messaging and checking on feed. Then, Facebook Lite for PC is the best option for you.
You can easily install Facebook Lite on your PC using an Android Emulator of your choice. We recommend using BlueStacks for this purpose. As it is one of the best Android Emulator out there on the Internet. And, almost every application is available to download and it is also super easy to use.
How to download Facebook Lite app for pc
Downloading the Facebook Lite app for your pc is as easy as ABC. However, you need to have at least Windows 7 installed on your PC or laptop. With the right operating system, the download process requires only two steps:
- Install an Android Emulator. This is the software on which the Facebook Lite will run on your PC or laptop. There are several android emulators, but before you decide which one to install, make sure that it has Google play store. Bluestacks is a good example here. Just download and install it on your PC first and it will serve you right. It allows you to use several android apps on your PC.
- Download the Facebook Lite app on your Android Emulator. The Bluestacks Android Emulator allows you to download the Facebook Lite app on the Google play store.
Little Info About Facebook Lite App
|App Download Version||220.127.116.11.118|
|Last Updated||July 30, 2019|
|Apk File Size||Varies with device|
|App Own by|
|Category||Free Social App|
|Support Android Version||Android 15 and above|
How to Install Facebook Lite for PC
- Once the download is finished, open the Facebook Lite app and click the tab Install.
- The installation will take several minutes to be installed on your device.
- After the installation is done, you can now begin using your MI Drop Application. You could see the Facebook Lite app on Bluestacks’ My Apps area.
- And done! You can now take advantage of using Facebook Lite for PC.
Features of Facebook Lite for PC
There are a lot of features that Facebook provides. With this ultimate Social Media platform, you can easily connect with your friends and family. Also, you get a minimal design and the most basic version of Facebook to use. It will remind you of the older version of the Facebook app. But, with time, you will get your nerves back in place and it will be fun to use. So, let us discuss some of the most common features of the Facebook Lite app.
- Connect with Friends and Family
- Post updates on your Feed
- Share pictures and other posts with your friends
- Get notifications whenever your friends comment or tags you somewhere
- Get notifications about the local events happening nearby you
- Comment on your friend’s posts and interact with them
- Make albums and save your memorable moments
- Follow other accounts and influencers to get the latest news from them
- Find local businesses and interact with them
- Use Facebook’s own Marketplace to buy and sell products online
Pros and Cons of Facebook Lite
Every application has its various pros and cons, and Facebook Lite is no different in this aspect. There are many points which make the app quite good. However, this application has some cons as well, which might make your experience a little lesser good. So, let us jump right on to the pros and cons of the application.
- Data usage is less
- Runs smoothly on any device
- Can work on slower Internet connections as well
- Simple and Sleek UI
- Very small size package, therefore it is portable
- Provides all the basic features of Facebook efficiently
- On the latest smartphones with bigger displays, the UI looks dated
Big blocks design which makes it looks like an old application So, these were some pros and cons that you will notice while using the application. The Facebook Lite app will work perfectly fine on your PC as it is just of 2MB. And, you can download it anytime on the go if you need it. The only downside of this application is the UI which makes it look like an old application. But, if you want that retro feel of Facebook, you can rock this one.
Alternatives for Facebook Lite For PC
There are some common and easy to use alternatives for Facebook Lite as well. Some apps also allow you to use Facebook in different ways. So, you can also check out these apps if you find anything suitable.
- Facebook – The best alternative for Facebook Lite is the Facebook app itself. As Facebook lite is for low spec users. By the term low-spec, we mean to say that the users who have metered Internet connection and running low on storage space on their devices. Therefore, Facebook is the best alternative to use if you have a good Internet Connection. And, a high-end device. If so, you will not face any issues running it on your phone or PC.
- Friendly – Friendly app is another good option which you can try out on your PC. This app is different from the Facebook and Facebook Lite app. While you use the Facebook application, it will require you to download the messenger app separately to reply to messages. Whereas, Friendly Integrates both the Facebook and Messenger app and provides you a complete package.
FAQ On Facebook Lite for PC
Answer: You can easily download Facebook Lite on your PC using BlueStacks or any other Android Emulator.
Answer: You can update the application from the BlueStacks Google Play Store.
Answer: Yes, Facebook Lite allows users to chat with other people.