Paytm is a private company based in India that provides digital wallet and e-commerce payment services. It recently introduced a payment banking service. The e-commerce platform offers a wide variety of goods and services while the digital wallet platform supports the processing of payments. You can buy goods, transfer a payment or book a flight using Paytm wherever you are. Perhaps that is why you need Paytm app for pc or your phone so that you can enjoy its services while on the go.
In this article, I will highlight a few features and pros of Paytm. I will also answer a few most frequently asked questions on Paytm. But before that, why not download and install it first?
How to download Paytm app for pc
Downloading the Paytm app for your pc is as easy as ABC. However, you need to have at least Windows 7 installed on your PC or laptop. With the right operating system, the download process requires only two steps:
- Install an Android Emulator. This is the software on which the Paytm will run on your PC or laptop. There are several android emulators, but before you decide which one to install, make sure that it has Google play store. Bluestacks is a good example here. Just download and install it on your PC first and it will serve you right. It allows you to use several android apps on your PC.
- Download the Paytm app on your Android Emulator. The Bluestacks Android Emulator allows you to download the Paytm app on Google play store. The download speed is amazing.
Paytm App Info in Short
|App Download Version|
|Last Updated||March 8, 2020|
|Apk Size||44 MB|
|App by||Paytm – One97 Communications Ltd.|
|Category||Free Shopping App|
|Content Rating||Rated for 4+|
|Support Android Version||Android 10 and above|
How to install Paytm app for pc
Once you download the Paytm app on Google play store, you can install it and start shopping for various products right away. Just follow the installation prompts and you will be home and dry before you know it. If you want to download and install Paytm on your smartphone, the process is even easier. You just provide your phone number on the official Paytm website and you will be sent a link in SMS to download and install it on your phone.
Follow the steps below to install Paytm on your PC.
- Click on the install button.
- Accept the features that are provided by the platform.
- Accept the terms and conditions and complete the installation.
Features of Paytm app for pc
Having installed the Paytm app for PC or laptop, you can now enjoy its awesome features, some of which are outlined below. You will realize that the platform is very interactive and therefore very easy to use.
- Online shopping – for a wide variety of goods. As noted earlier, apart from being a digital wallet platform, Paytm also offers e-commerce services. It features a fully-fledged online shop dealing in a wide variety of products and services. Some of the most popular products offered by Paytm include mobile phones, fashion and beauty items, groceries and electronics, to name but a few.
- Digital savings bank – Paytm also introduced online payment banking services recently. It began as a digital wallet, then introduced e-commerce on its platform and now a payment bank. Opening a digital savings account is a sweet piece of cake.
- Easy processing of payments – With the payment banking system now in place, Paytm allows fast and efficient processing of payments. You can pay your utility bills in the blink of an eye. You can also pay school fees, flight ticket fees, and hotel booking fees.
- Money-back guarantees – Paytm promise to refund all your money whenever the need arises. And it always keeps its promises.
- Easy account opening and recharging – You can easily open and recharge your Paytm account online using your mobile phone or credit card.
- Security – The need to secure your information when making online payments cannot be overemphasized. When it comes to the security and privacy of your information, Paytm does not disappoint.
- Online help – Paytm offers elaborate customer care services that ensure that every customer complaint is handled professionally.
Pros and cons
As you would expect, Paytm has its own strengths and weaknesses. However, its advantages outweigh its disadvantages. Here are some of its pros.
- Availability of a wide variety of goods – There is a mind-boggling variety of goods and services on the Paytm platform.
- Convenience – You can use Paytm wherever you are anytime. Remember that you can recharge your account using your mobile phone or credit card wherever you are.
- A wide variety of payment services – Paytm offers a wide range of payment services to its users. For instance, it allows you to pay for utility bills such as water and electricity bills, broadband bills, DTH and forex services, among others.
- Easy payment of bookings – You can also enjoy easy bookings for train and bus tickets, movies, gift vouchers, international flights, hotels, events and hot deals on Paytm.
- Ability to sell your products – If you have a business, you can also sell your products on Paytm. You just register as a seller and start selling your products. One advantage of selling on Paytm is that you meet a ready market for your products. The software is easy to use and the support team is available around the clock.
- Availability of the food wallet – There is also a food wallet that allows employers to provide tax-free meal allowances to their employees. It is easy and cost-effective. No wonder it is used by thousands of employees in India.
Alternative or similar to Paytm app for pc
Online shopping has led to the proliferation of e-commerce sites and online payment platforms. Therefore, there are several other platforms that are similar to Paytm. Here, I will just highlight three of them and how they compare with Paytm.
- eBay – This is majorly an e-commerce site. It does not offer payment banking services as Paytm does.
- PayPal –Paytm offers the payment processing services that PayPal offers but PayPal is not a payment bank yet.
- Airtel Payment bank – This is exclusively a payment bank. It lacks the e-commerce services provided by Paytm.
Also Check- Bhim App for pc
FAQ On Paytm
While it is possible to use Paytm on your PC or laptop, there is no official Paytm windows app. There is, however, an official app for Paytm for Android and iOS.
The registration process for sellers is easy and straight forward. Just click on the “become a seller’’ link on the official website to get going. Provide your credentials, upload your documents and verify your account. You can start selling your products once your account has been verified.
No. The Paytm bank is a payment bank. It only allows deposits and transfers. It does not provide all the services offered by regular banks. For instance, it does not provide loans and does not issue credit cards as well.