Digital communication has made socializing today, easier and convenient than it was, previously. The rise of social media and communication apps have made it possible to maintain contact with people whom we might have never expected to see again. Textplus for PC is one such highly-rated app using which you can SMS or MMS anyone for free in the US or Canada.
The app completely discards the need for a data connection. Although the app, has multi-platform support, we will be limiting ourselves to the pc version. In this article, we will be showing you what makes the app so good, and cover everything from downloading to the installation.
How To Download Textplus For PC
For installing Textplus on your PC, you need the help of an Android emulator. Here, we will be making use of the Bluestacks App to help with our installation. It is the most powerful and reliable Android Emulator out there. Before Installing Bluestacks, here are the minimum system requirements that you should be aware of.
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, Mac
- 1 GB RAM minimum
- Pentium 4, or Dual Core, Core 2 Duo
- Minimum of 15 MB Hard drive space required
Once you have confirmed this, we’ll show you how to install Bluestacks.
- The first thing you need to do is download “Blustacks” from its official website.
- Specify a location for the file to be saved.
- After the download is over, click on the Bluestacks installer.exe file.
- To begin the installation, click the install now option.
- The installation will take around 5 minutes depending on your computer capacity.
- You might be prompted for a restart.
- Now you can add your Google Account. Sign-in with your details.
- Once you have logged in, you will be at the Home-Screen of BlueStacks.
Little info about TextPlus App
|App Download Version||7.5.3|
|Last Updated||June 27, 2019|
|App Own by||textPlus|
|App Category||Free Social App|
|Support Android Version||Android 18 and above|
|Get it on||Google Play|
Since we have installed Bluestacks, we can now move on to the installation of Textplus.
How To Install Textplus for PC
- Launch the BlueStacks app.
- Open Google Playstore.
- Search for: TextPlus: Free Text & Calls
- Now you will see the result. The APK File size will be around 40MB.
- To Download Textplus for pc may take some time.
- Before the installation starts, you must have logged into your Google account. Only then will it proceed.
- Now the installation will have started and it will be over fairly quickly.
Features of Textplus for PC
- The app provides you with free unlimited inbound calling and calls, thus ensuring that you always remain connected.
- You have lots of customization options available for the themes, ring tones, vibrations, etc.
- A full picture messaging (MMS) facility is available. Send and receive pictures.
- Texting is completely free to anyone in the US or Canada. This is done with the help of ads.
- You can check out your chat and call history on any device with the help of free cloud hosting.
- The app has earned a lot of praise for its privacy and security. The protection system keeps you away from the threat of hackers.
- The app is free and there are no subscription fees.
Pros of this Textplus
- The app lets you block users and prevent unwanted contacts.
- The app is supported on multiple platforms like iPhone, iPad, Android and on Windows using Bluestacks.
- The app uses Wi-fi for texting, instead of the traditional cellular service.
- International calls are cheap, for as low as 3 cents per minute to areas like China, and the UK.
- You can choose your own phone number and surprisingly the area code as well. In case, you run into problems, you always have the option of changing your number.
- Inbound calls are always free, even if someone calls you internationally.
- TextPlus offers group texting to places around the world. You can send images to people living in Canada, Japan, Asia, etc simultaneously.
Cons of Textplus app
- Free texting is limited to the USA and Canada.
- Cheaper inexpensive international calling options are available.
- After 30 days of inactivity, your number will be awarded to someone else.
Alternatives To Textplus for PC
While Textplus is a great app on its own, it might not be everyone’s cup of tea. Therefore we have decided to provide you with a list of alternatives to Textplus. These apps have similar functionality to Textplus and most of them are free as well.
- Nextplus – Nextplus is completely free software where you are provided with a free international mobile number without the need for a sim. This number can then be used for making calls and texting messages. International calls are provided at a low rate as well.
- Hangouts -Google Hangouts is much more than a simple messaging application as it allows Voice Calls, HD Video Calls, Group Conferencing, screen sharing, etc. The chat histories are saved online. You can also stream video calls using Youtube. Thus, it is one of the most affordable communication solutions available
- Line -Line is a free app which allows you to make free calls and send free messages to wherever you want, whenever you need. It is also available on the Mac OS as well.
In this article, we have provided you with all the information regarding Textplus. If you have any queries regarding the conduct of the article, then do write to us.