If you want to connect your android phone with your PC and control android screen through your PC’s keyboard or mouse cursor, then Vysor is the app that you are looking for. Vysor gives android control features via a pc (remote assistance/control). In the old days, it was available via a Chrome extension. Now These days, ClockworkMod has released this Android Emulator app for PC which features full control on a real android device.
About Vysor – Vysor is one of the best among other apps in the market due to its smooth working user interface. It helps you to access your mobile files through the computer screen easily and efficiently. All you have to do is download the Vysor app on your Android smartphone and enable chrome extension in your PC or download the windows version. After that, connect both devices and follow some simple instructions to proceed further. So Let’s discuss how to download Vysor, its features, how to use it, pros and cons, and its alternatives. Let’s jump forward to know more about Vysor for PC.
How to Download and Install Vysor for PC
After knowing about the general character of Vysor, it’s time to learn about downloading and installing of Vysor for its further use. It is very easy to setup Vysor by following some simple instructions carefully. You have to download the app, connect your android device and start the app in both. To know how to use this systematically, you have to follow the stepwise guide given below:
#New ways – Using Windows App In desktop & android app in phone
Get the latest Free version of Vysor.
Note – Before you download the desktop installation file, let’s look a few information about this app. So, you can make a decision to install Vysor into your PC or not.
|App Name||Vysor App|
|File Size||65 Mb|
|Requirement||Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1|
Steps to connect with Android device –
- Download the windows app & install it like other software.
- If it ask about windows defender firewall permission, just allow all access
- In next step tick on international keyboard, share all device.
- Choose Always, In the Start automatically options.
- next step is to login vysor with google account. Just sign in and paste the code once you get it.
- Now connect android phone with the USB. That’s it
#Old ways – Using Chrome App In desktop & android app in phone
- First of all, download the Vysor app on your Android device by using the Google Play Store.
- After it is installed successfully, you have to go for your PC now to proceed further.
- Now visit the chrome web store and search for Vysor. Click on the Vysor icon and press the Add to Chrome button in it.
- Now click Add App and start the installation process.
- After completion of the installation process, you are ready to perform functions through Vysor
Vysor Phone App Info in Sort
|App Download Version||2.3.1|
|Last Updated||Feb 21, 2020|
|App own by||ClockworkMod|
|App Category||Free Productivity App|
|Support Android Version||Android 16 and above|
|Get it on||Google Play|
Using Vysor to Access Your Android
After performing the instructions about installing Vysor app and chrome extension, now proceed with the simple procedure. Follow the step by step guide as it is given below:
- Enable the USB debugging by visiting Settings >>Developer options >> USB debugging in your Android device
- Now connect the phone to your PC by using the USB cable.
- After that, open the Vysor app by using the Chrome Apps button and then click on the Find Devices button. In here, you can also select the image quality you want to be displayed, ranging from 500 kbps to 2 Mbit.
- In a new popup window, select the device by clicking on it and press the Select button on the screen. Your Android window will appear on the screen.
- Congratulations! You are now ready to access your Android device through your PC by using Vysor.
Features of Vysor for PC
After installing it in your devices, you can see some magnificent features provided by this software. Some of those are listed below, continue reading to know about them. First of all, let me tell you that there are two versions of Vysor on PC, first one is free and the other one is premium which you can get by in-app purchase. Now, discussing some of the free Vysor features which include:
- Control your Android phone using PC
- Used for demonstration purposes
- Bigger and more prominent screen
- Type more conveniently by using the keyboard
- Highly compatible on multiple platforms
Coming to the premium version, it allows you some amazing extra features which you can’t get in free Vysor. Some of those unique features are outlined below:
- High-quality resolution
- Access to full-screen mode
- Better mirroring
- Wireless connection
- Vysor share is added
- Drag and drop feature for faster exchange of files
Pros and Cons of Vysor
Now you know about the general characteristics of Vysor and how to install it for using its services. It’s time to summarise about the ultimate advantages and disadvantages of Vysor on PC. After analyzing them, you will come to know that its advantages suppress the weakness. That means it’s an excellent option to choose for mirroring your Android device as compared to other apps in the market. Let’s know each of them in more detail.
- Control your Android from PC
- Remote Debug and app testing
- Good streaming quality
- Smooth Android screen transitions
- Screen sharing through links
- Fast and easy to use
- Ads in free version
- Connection consistency
Alternatives or Apps Similar to Vysor
As you can see the need for mirroring and other activities like demonstration is quite common now. That’s why there are some other apps than Vysor which provides features like those of Vysor. I’m highlighting some of those apps here in this article.
- Scrcpy: This is yet another app for the purpose of mirroring, and it is quite popular in the market also. It’s better than Vysor because it doesn’t show any ads while using it. It’s a good alternative for Vysor if consider.
- Samsung SideSync: This is also another app to use as a substitute for Vysor. But some users reported that it doesn’t work properly as a Chrome extension.
- iExplorer: This app is used to transfer files from your iPad or iPhone to Mac or Windows computer easily. As it is made for Apple devices, you can not use it for Android devices.
FAQ on Vysor
Ans – There could be various reasons for that, so you have to follow the methods given below. If one doesn’t work, then proceed for the other one.
1. Restart your computer and phone both. After that launch the app again
2. Go to Vysor settings and click on the Defaults option in it.
3. Reinstall the chrome and then try it again
Ans – Most of you are wondering about this term. Screen Mirroring means nothing but the appearance of your phone or any other device’s screen on some other device. In this case, the appearance of your Android device screen on a computer display is known as screen mirroring.
Ans – You can see all your installed software by opening Programs and Features option from the WinX menu. Press Windows and X keys from the keyboard simultaneously and click on the Programs and Features in it. Now find Vysor to select it and simply click on the Uninstall button to start the process.
Thank you for reading this article. I hope you find this article useful and relevant. Now, you know the procedure to setup Vysor on your PC and all of its general features. If you have any doubts or suggestions regarding the given information, please do let us know about it. You can contact us by email provided on the website and also drop your comments about the article in the comment section below.