We know the purpose of look screen security. They can protect your sensitive data, pictures, emails etc stealing from your device. You can choose a pattern, password, or PIN. But on doing that sometimes we Forgot Android Password or pattern Lock of the device or your friend somehow knew your password and they change it to having fun or it may be your child who plays around with the password game. So let’s look into the matter.
Anyhow if Forgot Android Password or pattern Lock, now you need to unlock the phone. If you’ve ever had met one of those moments realizing that you’ve forgotten your password, pattern, or PIN totally, do not panic.
Being locked out of your device is terrible, but there may be technique already to be had so you can do to regain the get entry to. So those strategies for unlocking your tool which I am gonna let you know step by step.
- Tips: always create a backup for your device in a normal manner, especially if your tool if full of touchy statistics and required documents.
- Android has settings for syncing with cloud services, so wherever possible, we recommend you to use online services to back up important data such as emails, contacts and documents
- There are several ways to backup the device that can make creating a backup of your device nice and easy. For example, use android Helium app on an android device backup and use iTunes to backup ios devices.
Solutions for Android
Now come to the real point, If you Forgot Android Password or pattern Lock here are the best possible unlocking options for your device-
Forgot Android Password or pattern Lock : Unlock with Google Account
Follow these steps-
- Give a try to unlock again. After 5 incorrectly drawn patterns, the screen will be lock.
- At the bottom of the lock screen, you can click on “Forgot pattern?”
- Enter your Google account Username and Password. (assume you’ve signed Google account)
- Click “Sign In”.
- It allows you to Draw a NEW unlock pattern.
Notes: This method requires you to internet (Wifi) connection otherwise you can’t log in Google account.
Wait: There may be a question come to your mind, how to connect the device to the internet as my device is locked. This section is written in the last portion of this topic. Do have a look. 🙂
unlock forgotten android password or pattern Using Find My Device on google
Assume your smartphone is running Android 5.0 Lollipop, Android 6.zero Marshmallow, Android 7.0 Nougat, or a later model of Android and Forgot Android Password or pattern Lock, then you definitely have another option to Unlock your device the use of Google’s Find My Device. To try this you need to know the e-mail address and password associated with your Google account, and your device will want to be on and linked to the net for this to work. right here are the steps to how to unlock pattern lock :
- Visit the Find My Device site from another device and log in with your Google account which was used in that (locked) device.
- If you have multiple devices registered, you can select the correct device by clicking its icon and name in the upper-left corner of the page.
- Click the Lock option on the left.
- You’ll be allowed to enter a new password and confirm it. this time Make sure that you remember the password you choose. Otherwise, you need to repeat the whole process again.
- Now you can go back to your Android device and enter your newly-created password to access.
Can’t remember your Google account?
If you’re having trouble remembering your Google account details, then visit the Google Account Recovery website From a device and follow their required steps.
Forgot Android Password or pattern Lock: unlock Using Samsung’s Find My Mobile
this option, in particular, to be had for Samsung users when you Forgot Samsung phone Password or Pattern Lock. If You have created a Samsung account and activated discover My mobile throughout the setup manner, then it’s easy to unencumber your phone remotely. All you may need to understand the email address and password associated with your Samsung account and your phone will want to be on and connected to the internet. right here’s step by step method to how to unlock pattern lock of Samsung device –
- Go to Samsung Find My Mobile.
- Sign in using your Samsung login details.
- Your current device and phone number should be displayed in the upper-left corner of the page.
- On the left sidebar, select ‘Unlock my screen’.
- Now select ‘Unlock’ and wait for a few seconds for the process to finish.
- You should get a notification window telling you that your screen is unlocked.
- That’s it. Your phone should be unlocked.
Unlock your Android pin using Android Device Manager (ADM)
This method only applies to devices that have Android Device Manager enabled, keep in mind. Follow the steps to how to unlock pattern lock or break password when you Forgot Android Password or pattern Lock
- Visit: google.com/android/devicemanager from another device.
- Sign in using your Google login details that you also used on your locked phone.
- In the ADM interface, select the device you need to unlock.
- Select ‘Lock’
- In the appearing window, enter a temporary password.
- You don’t have to enter a recovery message. Now click ‘Lock’ again.
- If it was successful, you should see a confirmation below the box with the buttons Ring, Lock and Erase.
- On your device, you should now see a password field in which you need enter a temporary password. This should unlock your phone.
- Now disable the temporary password by going to your phone’s lock screen settings
Unlock Forgotten Android Password or pattern Lock using dr.fone
in case you are lazy enough and don’t have a Google account. in that case, if you need to keep all information on the smartphone, you then must use dr.fone software program as an alternative. Here is the link
There is password removal tool embedded into the program and you can remove the password of PIN/patterns/fingerprint in a few minutes. Most importantly, there is no data loss by using this method.Follow these steps –
- After Download and install the program open the program and click “Unlock” from the main window. After that, the program will bring up a new window.
- Connect your phone to the computer with USB cable.
- Get your Android phone into Download mode.
- Click “Start” button when your phone was in Download mode.( the program starts to download corresponding recovery package required by the program.)
- After the download is completed, Android Data Recovery starts to analyze the device and remove the password. This takes a few minutes and there isn’t any data loss during the whole process.
Note: it’s a paid software but you can use it as a trail version
Another paid software I like to mention is a software from recovery-android.com
Reset your password through your pc without losing data
Download For windows version-android device
Download For Mac version-IOS device
Install this program on your computer And follow these steps –
- Run android data recovery on pc.
- Go to more tools.
- Click on Android lock screen removal
- Click next
- Connect your phone to the computer via USB cable.
- When it ask for removing the password.
- Click on start.
- Now the screen lock password will successfully remove.
Well all above mentioned, they are the tips to how to unlock android phone password without factory reset.
Alternative solutions to unlock android device
Disable your lock screen using custom recovery and “Pattern Password Disable”
In this case, you will need an sd card. Well, we need to transfer a ZIP file to your phone and that’s usually not possible when it’s locked. So we will take the help of sd card. here are the steps to how to unlock pattern lock or break password –
- Download the Pattern Password Disable ZIP file on your computer and put it on an SD card.
- Insert the SD card into your device.
- Reboot your phone into recovery.
- Flash the ZIP file on your SD card.
- Your phone should boot up without a locked screen. There should be a password or gesture lock screen. Just type in a random password or gesture and your phone should unlock.
Forgot Android Password or pattern Lock and Erase your phone (so lock screen) using Android Device Manager
If all of the strategies above didn’t work out for Forgotten Android Password or pattern Lock, you want to choose drastic measures. when you have an Android device manager (ADM) enabled phone and unlocking it didn’t work, you could use ADM to erase all statistics by choosing the Erase button. understand that this may delete all apps, settings and other records to your smartphone. It’s a tip for how to remove password from android device manager.
Perform Factory Reset
in case you are not a success with the above technique, you may choose to perform a factory reset. This method should be the closing choice since you may lose records that have now not been sync to your Google Account. it is wise to put off your SD card earlier than acting an Android reset.
Here are the steps –
- Turn off your Android forgot password phone and remove your SD card if any.
- Now press Home button+Volume Up and Power button at the same time on Samsung and Alcatel device until it enters recovery mode. The device like HTC, you can achieve this by pressing Power button +Volume up button only.
- Use the power button to enter the recovery mode.
- From there press the power button and release and then use Volume button to enter to the Android recovery
- Use Volume keys to scroll to Wipe Data/factory reset option and then use the power button to select this mode.
- Under Wipe Data/factory reset select “Yes” and then reboot your android device.
- Once your phone is booted up on you can do the settings and set another password, pin or pattern for you lock screen.
In iPhone how to reset iPhone without password –
- Use power button and use volume down key until you find the “Factory Data Reset” option.
- Tap Reset phone this option appears on factory data reset.
- It will appear a confirmation msg to clear data.
- Select Erase everything and wait for the process.
For Featured Phone Unlocking Option
attempt the ultimate four digits of your smartphone quantity. If you can’t remember the number, then the handiest answer left. you need to get rid of the SIM card from the telephone (if you have one) and enter the range under. remember that this could erase the entirety at the cell phone that is not saved to a reminiscence card (if you have one) or to the SIM card.
If that doesn’t work, try:
How to connect a device to wifi or internet when it already locked
It’s just a tip to if you Forgot Android Password or pattern Lock then how to unlock android pattern lock without an internet connection. here’s how – Call your locked phone from another one phone. Now accept the call and hit the back button or main menu button during the call. This should give you complete access to your nav menu to connect wifi. I can not guarantee you that it will work for all device, but a number of people find it as another way to access the internet, Good luck with it.
Wait If you are using LG device it may work for you.
This method can help you out in case you’re Wifi and data connection are both turned off. But, this method might only work on LG phones 😐
- Press and hold the volume up key, until the Quick Memo app launches.
- Draw anything random into it.
- Tap the sharing button and select SmartShare.
- Using SmartShare should activate your phone’s Bluetooth and Wifi (important here is Wifi).
- Make sure you’re close to a Wifi network that you’re phone connects to automatically.
- Now, you’re back online and you can go ahead and try all the methods discussed above that require a data connection.
Tips: After unlocking the android device, we especially endorsed to keep a file of essential passwords you use frequently. there are so many password manager third-party apps available, which makes extraordinarily clean to store and study password at the same time. For example iSeePassword website.