Disable Avast Antivirus Temporarily / Permanently – The Working Methods
In the age of computers and the internet, keeping your devices safe from malicious activities is quite important. As such cyber attacks can harm your important files and data stored in your computer. Therefore anti-virus is usually recommended for any computer. In that case, one of the most popular Freemium antiviruses available out there is Avast.
But with the introduction of Windows Defender, there is not much need for free Anti-virus software like Avast. Avast free version can be annoying as it pop-up without any reason, eating your valuable ram on your computer, blocking app and software that you want to use, etc.
If Avast is already installed on your pc and faces such problem, this detailed post is going to help you on Disabling Avast in your PC instantly.
How to Disable Avast in Windows PC?
Thankfully, both Avast and Windows PC allow you to disable this anti-virus software quite easily. Even a basic computer user can easily turn off Avast within a few seconds. At the same time, Avast offers various options while disabling it such as –
- Disable Avast temporarily.
- Disable Avast till reboot.
- Disable Avast permanently.
- Disable Certain feature of Avast.
Steps to Disable Avast On PC
- First, turn on your Windows computer and let Avast start in the background.
- After that, find the Avast icon in the Windows taskbar in the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Now, right-click on the Avast icon and open Avast shields control options.
- In here, choose one of the 4 possible disables options in Avast. You can either disable Avast temporarily, disable till the next reboot or disable permanently.
- Once you have selected one of these options, Avast will ask you for confirmation using a popup window. Now you can easily install any program on your PC without Avast interfering it.
- But if you want to disable only some certain features of Avast instead of completely disabling it, you can do so from Avast settings.
- To open Avast settings, simply double-click on the Avast icon present in Windows taskbar. You can find the Avast icon in the Windows taskbar in the bottom right corner of your screen.
- This will open the Avast window on your screen where you have to open Settings. You can find the Settings option in the bottom left corner of this window.
- Now, navigate to the Components tab from the left side panel menu. In here, you will see the different features and components of Avast.
- Finally, you can disable either of the 4 available shields in the Avast anti-virus. And all other functions of Avast will be still functional on your computer.
We hope that now you know more about Avast anti-virus and how to disable it in your computer according to your choice. Not only that but we also have a detailed post on the step by step instructions on how to completely uninstall Avast from your computer.
These things can be quite useful in different use case scenarios on a computer. In case you liked this article, then make sure to share it on social media. If you have any doubts regarding any of the solutions, feel free to ask any queries in the comments section below.