How To Fix No Route Error On Discord? – Top 8 Working Methods
Discord is an all in one voice and text chat for gamers which works on both your desktop and phone. Discord has brought a number of game developers, gamers and their fans closer together. As a player, you can feel amazing by jumping into a community server and talking directly with game developers who build your favorite games.
Discord can be used on any web browser, such as Safari or Opera, Chrome, etc. You can also install the Discord desktop app which has the same exact interface as the web version by clicking on the Download button and following the on-screen instructions to install and launch Discord.
But an issue is noticed when it comes to connecting to voice channels. There are some errors that you’ll face if you’re failing to connect to voice:
- ICE Checking
- No Route
- Stuck RTC Connecting
They are typically related to the same kind of technical issue and Discord starts getting issues and is being stopped in its tracks when attempting to connect to a voice server. This error occurs when you are attempting to connect to a voice channel on a Discord server, yet the ISP/Network on the user end is unable to connect. Discord is obstructed from connecting to a voice server more often than not by an issue linked to dropouts, VPNs, and restrictions by firewall.
Today we will learn about different methods to fix the No Route error. So, Below are a selection of possible fixes and the steps to follow to resolve the No Route error.
Why Does The No Route Error Happen?
This error might occur due to some things which are given below:
- Default IP address of the PC was changed: This typically happens with Dynamic IP that regularly changed. The solution, in this case, is as simple as restarting your Modem, Router, and Computer.
- The computer is using a VPN without UDP: This is a regular occurrence since Discord is designed to only work with VPN solutions that have UDP.
- Discord is blocked by the admin of the network: If you’re trying to use Discord at work or from a school network, Discord could be blocked.
- 3rd party Antivirus is blacklisting discord: Whenever this happens, Discord will not be permitted to maintain an outgoing connection with an outside server.
- QoS is not supporting with your network: It’s possible that your network is not fit to support Quality of Service High Packet Priority. However, you can disable it from the Voice & Video settings.
- Voice region of the server is incompatible: This is reported to happen when you try to connect to a server hosted on a different continent. In this case, it’s better to ask the admin to change the server’s voice region.
Also Check – Fix discord mic not working
How to fix the No Route Error?
METHOD 1: Change the Addresses of DNS Server
The first method which I would like to recommend you to fix the Discord No Route error is changing the DNS Server Addresses.
To change the DNS server Addresses, follow the methods given below:
- To begin, Rightclick on the Windows icon of your computer screen and click on your Control Panel.
- Now go to the Network and Internet option and click on “Network and Sharing Center”.
- After that click on your connection and click on properties.
- Select the Internet Protocol version 4(TCP/IPv4) and click on the properties option.
- Tick the “Use the following DNS server addresses” and type 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168 in the preferred DNS server and Alternate DNS server respectively.
- Restart your computer or laptop.
After changing the DNS server,you can fix the Discord No Route error.If not, follow the below methods:
METHOD 2: Flush your DNS:
Start following the METHODs given below:
- Rightclick on the Windows icon and click on the Command Prompt option.
- You need to type some commands in order to fix the issue.
- You should type the commands one by one.
- Press the Enter button
- The commands are ipconfig /release, ipconfig /flush DNS and IP-config /renew.
- After typing the commands, you need to Restart your computer.
I hope after following this method, the Discord No Route error might be solved.
METHOD 3: Uninstall 3rd party Antivirus:
- Press “Windows key + R” to open up a command box.
- Type “appwiz.cpl” and press Enter to open up Programs and Features.
- Scroll down to locate your 3rd party security solution, then right-click on it and click on Uninstall option.
- Now follow the on-screen prompts to uninstall the third-party Antivirus from your system.
- At the end, Restart your computer and see if Discord is able to connect without any issues.
METHOD 4: Change server’s voice region:
When trying to connect to a friend living on a different continent and you are getting this error, the issue is most likely occurring because the server has a different voice region that yourself.
In this case, you just need to ask the admin of the server to set a different voice region from the server settings. The server settings can be altered by the admin by going to Server Settings > Server region.
METHOD5: Disable your VPN or use one with UDP
VPNs that don’t have a User Datagram Protocol (UDP) are known to add an obstacle to the Discord voice channel connections. The easiest fix is to disable the VPN, but if you desperately need to run one, check with the developer whether it has a UDP function and how to configure it correctly.
METHOD 6: Network Restrictions
In educational and professional contexts, network activity is often highly restricted to secure the integrity of the internal network, and external communication apps are often the first to be limited. Unless you’re dealing with a somewhat lax network administrator, the chances are access to Discord won’t be unblocked. It’s worth asking though.
METHOD 7: Discord Settings
In the user settings of Discord, you will get an option entitled ”Quality of Service High Packet Priority”. The feature is designed to nudge your router/modem into prioritizing Discord data packets to maximize voice channel quality and performance. However, some devices and ISPs trip with such requests resulting in the No Route error.
To disable the Quality of Service feature:
- Open up Discord and click on the cogwheel ”User Settings” icon in the bottom left-hand corner on the Discord window.
- Tap on ”Voice & Video” option from the lefthand menu under ”App Settings” option.
- Now go down to the ”Quality of Service” section and toggle off ”Enable Quality of Service High Packet Priority”.
- Try connecting to a voice channel to verify if this has resolved the problem.
METHOD 8: Check your connections:
The above method would definitely help you to fix the No Route Error, if not do Check this last method.
I think this method is quite easy from the rest of the methods.
- The only thing you have to do is check your connections on which you are connecting your Internet.
- If you are using a WiFi router, do check your router is connected properly or not.
- Moreover, you need to Restart your router and check whether the Discord No Route error is solved or not.
I hope this method would help you to fix the Discord No Route error. If none of the Methods have resolved your issue of No Route error, then restart not only your computer but also your modem/router to calm a jittery dynamic IP and flush the whole network of all the temporary connection issues.
Once everything restarts, open up Discord and connect to a voice channel to verify whether this resolves the issue. Else, we recommend using tools that are available online which can scan the repositories to replace corrupt and missing files. Using tools works in most cases, where the issue is originated due to a system of corruption.