People usually looking for how to Uninstall Avast completely from their PC as sometimes they can not uninstall with the standard procedure. So this short post is made to help them who try to uninstall this anti-virus software for the first time and who can not uninstall it via standard method.
Avast is one of the oldest and most popular anti-virus software available for Windows computer. While it used to be a very important tool for any PC, but nowadays it is not useful anymore. Since this software is completely free to download and use on your PC, almost everyone had Avast in their computer.
But now a days people are happy with Windows Defender rather than Avast free version as they found Windows defender works better than Avast when it comes to making your PC secure
Apart from that, The most annoying thing with Avast is that it run in your background leads to result in high CPU usage on your device. Similarly, if Avast is being updated in the background, it can slow down your internet speed.
Because of these reasons, Avast can affect your computing experience quite a lot. So let’s get to the point, here is the best working method to uninstall avast on your PC.
How to Uninstall Avast in Windows PC?
While there are various methods to disable Avast, But if you makeup your mind to uninstall it completely, You can do so by following the given steps one by one on your Windows PC:
- First, press Windows Key + I on your keyboard to open Windows Settings.
- In here, go to the Apps settings where you will find the list of all the Apps and Programs. All of these apps are currently installed on your computer.
- After that, use the search option to find the Avast anti-virus in here.
- Now, click on it and select Uninstall which will open the Avast uninstaller on your computer.
- Once that is done, follow the on-screen instructions which will successfully uninstall Avast from your computer.
- Finally, reboot your computer to revert back any changes made by Avast on your computer. This will ensure that all other programs on your computer are functioning properly.
This is the standard way to uninstall Avast. But Sometimes it’s may not be possible to uninstall Avast the straightway – using the ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS in control panel.
So, In this case, you can use Avast Official uninstallation software called avastclear. Follow these steps as mention below.
Uninstall Avast using Avastclear
- Download avastclear.exe to your PC
- Start Your Windows in Safe Mode
- Open the execute (.exe) file from Download folder
- Here you need to care of. If you installed Avast in a different folder rather than the default, browse for it.
- Click On REMOVE
- Now Restart your computer
It is obvious that when you get something in free you have to deal with something. Same case with the Avast. If you have bought a new laptop or a pre-built desktop, then it might come with Avast installed in it out of the box. Not only this will take up space in your computer, but it can even interfere with other programs in your PC. In some cases, Avast might block you from installing certain programs or visiting some website. In such cases, you can try disabling Avast and it will not prevent you from accessing any website or installing any program.
Therefore, if you have Avast installed in your computer, you should turn off it or uninstall it right away so that you do not face any issues mentioned above in this article.