In the age of smartphones, we have a lot of apps that are only available for mobile devices like Android. For example, apps like Instagram and Snapchat can be used only on a mobile device. Due to this, even though you have a pretty powerful computer, you cannot run such apps on Windows due to compatibility issues. While Windows does not support Android apps natively, there are other methods that can be used to use your favorite Android apps right on your Windows PC. And therefore, today we are here to show you How to Run Android Apps on Windows.
Not only that but you will also learn how is it possible to run Android apps on a Windows PC. Apart from that, we have mentioned. There are several third party software available out there which can allow you to do so without any issues. And in this article, we will be using one of the best tools for emulating Android apps on your Windows machine. But most importantly, you will find the download link of the latest version of all the apps which are required for this procedure on Windows. Therefore, if you are also interested in running Android apps on your Windows PC, make sure to go through this article till the end.
How to Run Android Apps in Windows?
Since there are a lot of Windows users who want to use Android apps on their computer, there are now many ways which you can use to run Android apps on your Windows PC. But all these different methods work differently from each other to allow you to use Android apps on your computer. Unfortunately, not all of them work properly and you might face issues while using certain Android apps on your computer. Therefore, we are here with the two best methods which you can use for using Android apps without any issues. While one of them requires you to emulate Android apps using certain emulator programs, the other one simply dual boots Android as a secondary operating system on your Windows computer. You can use either of these methods by going through them one by one:
Emulating Android Apps on your Windows PC via Bluestacks
Emulators are software or applications for Windows which allow you to run the apps of different platforms. Similarly, there are a number of Android emulators out there that allow you to run mobile apps on your computer. Since there are so many options out there when it comes to Android emulators, choosing the right one for you can be a little difficult. All of the different emulators out there have different features and options. Not only that but some Android emulators can even have performance issues. Therefore, in this article, we will be using Bluestacks for emulating and running Android apps on Windows. You can also do this on your computer by following the given instructions one by one:
- First, visit this download page on the official Bluestacks website. After that, click on the Download button which will download the Bluestacks installer EXE file on your computer.
- After this, press Windows Key + E on your keyboard to open Windows Explorer. In here, navigate to your default downloads folder and locate the Bluestacks Installer file and open it.
- Once you have done that, follow the on-screen instructions and start the installation process for the Bluestacks emulator. And once the installation process is complete, simply reboot your computer to successfully change any changes made by the emulator.
- Now, open the Bluestacks emulator on your computer using the Windows Search option.
- After that, Bluestacks will load on your computer for the first time and ask for you the Google Play sign-in. You can do this using your default Google account so that you get all of your apps on Bluestacks as well.
- Finally, you can download any apps in the Bluestacks emulator and install them just as you would on an Android device. While the controls might a little intrusive for some users at the beginning, it will not take much time to get used to Bluestacks for emulating Android apps on your Windows PC. But the best part about Bluestacks is that since it has the Google Play store, you can download almost any Android app on your computer.
Dual Boot Android to Use Android Apps on Computer
While using an emulator like Bluestacks will allow you to successfully run Android apps on Windows, it is not the best option for those who have a low powered computer. Since you are running Windows and the Android emulator at the same time, it requires a lot of system resources for using Android apps this way. In such a case, you should dual boot Android on your computer after which either Android or Windows will be running on your computer at a time. As a result, this method requires much fewer system resources.
There are many Android builds out there which can be used for Dual Boot Android on a computer. But just like emulators, not all of these Android builds work properly. You might face various issues in such Android builds such as performance issues, installation issues, compatibility issues, and much more. Therefore, to simplify the process for using Dual Boot Android on your computer, we will be using Phoenix OS. It is one of the best Android builds available out there. Not only it is extremely easy to install, but it also perfect for using Android apps with a mouse and keyboard combo. And you can use the following guides for installing as well as for using Phoenix OS in Dual Boot mode on your computer.
How to Install Phoenix OS on your Computer?
- First, visit the Phoenix OS download page and download the latest version of Phoenix OS file on your computer. Once you have done that, it will download an EXE file on your computer.
- After that, press Windows Key + E on your keyboard to open Windows Explorer. In here, navigate to your downloads folder and open the Phoenix OS EXE file.
- Now, proceed with the on-screen instructions and install the Phoenix OS in any partition of your choice. The whole installation process will take some time to complete.
- Once the installation process is complete, reboot your computer to finish the installation process after which you can boot into the Phoenix OS on your computer.
How to Use Phoenix OS for Running Android Apps?
- Now that you have successfully installed Phoenix OS on your computer, you can boot into it and start using it.
- In order to do so, first, restart your Windows computer and get into the boot menu by pressing the DEL key when you are on the boot logo.
- After that, select Phoenix OS from the boot menu list to boot into Android on your computer.
- Finally, you can start using Phoenix for installing and running Android apps on your computer without any issues.
We hope that you have successfully used Android apps on your Windows PC. If you haven’t tried it yet, you can do so by using this article. We have provided various methods that you can follow to Run Android Apps on Windows PC in this article. You will be able to use almost all Android apps on your computer without any issues. In case you liked this article, then make sure to share it on social media. If you have any doubts regarding any of the solutions, feel free to ask any queries in the comments section below.