No matter how ‘smart’ smartphones get, there is always a chance they catch some bug or some file gets corrupted. In such cases, there are ways to reset the phone to its factory settings. However, smartphones can become brick because of a bug or a corrupted file leaving you no choice but to flash it. Flashing a smartphone basically means installing the correct firmware on the device.
This guide will help you in understanding the benefits and processes involved in installing stock ROM or Firmware on your smartphone. Before you flash your smartphone, please try resetting it via options under factory reset in case you are facing some software issues. If that does not work, please proceed with the following steps.
Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro stock firmware/flash file
This flash file will help you in regaining access to a bricked phone or upgrade/downgrade or reinstall the stock firmware a.k.a. Operating System on your smartphone. Any problem related to software such as boot loop issue, IMEI issue, dead issue, bugs in the application, or corrupted OS file can be repaired via this process.
File Name: Xiaomi_Redmi_6_Pro_V22.214.171.124.ODMMIFD_20180730.0000.00_8.1_Global_XFT.zip
File Size: 2 GB
Flash Tool: https://xiaomiflashtool.com/category/download
How To Flash: https://androidmtk.com/use-xiaomi-mi-flash-tool
Preparation for the flash process
- Make sure you have all the required software and drivers installed on your computer.
- Make sure the USB wire you are going to use is either original or company certified for the best connection.
- Make sure that the USB port you are going to use is not loose.
- Make sure there is at least 60% battery in your device before you start the process as while flashing the device it will cut down the charging process
- In case you can access the files on your smartphone it is advised you take full back up of your phone on your computer as flashing will erase all the files.
How to flash Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro
- In order to flash your Redmi 6 Pro, you need to follow the steps mentioned in this guide. It is an easy-to-understand process and anyone with a little bit of knowledge of computers can do it.
- First of all download and extract the Xiaomi MiFlash Tool on your computer.
- Extract the zip file. You will be able to see Manual and an MSI file in it.
- Double click on the MSI file to install extract Driver and Firmware.
- Now go to the Driver folder and install Xiaomi USB driver on your computer. If you have already installed it, you can skip this step.
- Once you have installed the driver, shut down your phone.
- Now, this is the tricky part. You need to boot your phone in Download mode also known as fast boot mode. To initiate it, press and hold Power + Volume down button for 6-8 seconds.
- Once the phone starts to boot in Fastboot mode, you will be able to see a different kind of screen that will have a character repairing the Android.
- Now connect your phone with your computer using the USB cable.
- In the next step open Xiaomi MiFlash Tool from the Start Menu.
- Once the software is opened, select the firmware by clicking on the Select button on the left side below the menu bar.
- Now click on the Flash button located on the right top side.
- The process may take a few minutes. Once it is done, you will be able to see “Success” written in front of the process.
- Disconnect your phone from the computer and start it.
- The firmware is now installed on your phone.
Benefits of flashing Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro
- In case you are facing a bug in the software or there is a file that is corrupted, flashing will solve the problem.
- Flashing helps in regaining access to the bricked phone due to software failure.
- Flashing your smartphone helps in removing any malware etc that is causing the lag issue.
- In case you facing the IMEI problem, this will solve the issue.
- Sometimes the smartphone gets stuck in a boot loop that it keeps on restarting on its own. There is a number of software-related reasons behind it. Flashing often solves the boot loop issue.
There are many reasons which can cause your smartphone to act funny. Most of them are related to software and generally by uninstalling a few apps or doing a factory reset solves the problem. However, in some cases, you may need to flash your phone with Firmware Stock. This process helps in regaining access to the bricked phone as well. In case the phone still does not work properly after flashing the issue might be related to the hardware. In that case please check with the service center recommended by Xiaomi near to your location.