Youtube Black Screen – How to fix for different browser
Most of the problem actually result from some of the experiments Google often runs on YouTube.com punishing adblockers with a black screen
The fundamental problem is that YouTube black screen in preference to video. There are different types of black screen, some of them stay to whole videos and some of for a few secs. Yes, it really sucks. There are several causes which makes it happens. But before that let’s solve the youtube black screen problem. Later on this topic, I will explain why it happening. Here is the list you need to give a try. Either of the methods will solve your black screen problem.
Let’s jump to the solving methods-
Method 1: Sign out YouTube (Google) account or Use Incognito Window
Method 2: Refresh page or restart browser or Pause adblocker
Method 3: Remove the youtube app
Method 4: Clear your browsing data and update browser
Method 5: Disable your browser extensions
Method 6: Uninstall and Reinstall Flash player
Method 7: Disable Hardware Acceleration
Method 8: Update Java
The YouTube black screen often occurs if a user is watching a youtube video with account logged in. You can try signing out of your account and see if the video can play normally. Here How to Signout.
Hopefully, you won’t see the black screen. If not try the second method.
YouTube screen black issue may happen due to because of something small bug on your browser. Refreshing browser using F5 key might get rid of this black screen problem.
If you’re using Safari here a tip – reload the page, wait for 5 to 10 seconds, and then go for the video in full-screen.
So if reloading the page doesn’t solve, pause ad blocker, reload the page using the F5 key, and then when the video starts playing without a problem, unpause your ad blocker again. Here’s how to disable and re-enable AdBlock in Chrome, Safari, Microsoft Edge, and Firefox.
We have seen a post on Reddit. Disable your ad blocker, watch a few random videos, answer YouTube’s new survey, and re-enable your ad blocker.
If the problem still there, close the browser and reopen. This can also help you get rid of the issues. If the problem is still there prefer the method 3.
If you have the YouTube app installed earlier unknowingly, check and remove it. There is no need it to watch videos on Youtube.com. If it doesn’t solve the problem follow Method 4.
The cache and history data on your browser may have been piling up and made your browser get stuck or interfered and causing Youtube videos become Black. We suggest you update web browser once, try to watch the youtube video again.
If the problem still persists, it is suggested that you clear all browsing data on your browser when you having this sort of problem. If you are using Google Chrome or Firefox follow the steps below.*
* Note by doing this will clear all your browsing history, passwords and preferences on your browser. And you will need to re-enter your data and re-adjust your preferences.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Delete keys at the same time.
- Clear all browsing data on your browser:
Even if it do not work, follow the fifth step. 😐
There are good number of extension may cause Youtube black screen problem like Ad blockers. Let’s findout whether other extensions might be causing a issue with the YouTube video player.
Here how to find extension menu-
i. On Google Chrome, type “chrome://extensions” in the address bar + Enter.
ii. On Firefox, click the menu button in the upper right corner and then click Add-ons.
If you find all extensions, Now follow these steps –
- Disable all your extensions.
- Now watch your video again.
- If it works, re-enable the one extension in the list and test again.
- Continue re-enabling each extension, one at a time. There might be an extension which causing the problem.
- If you finally find one, Uninstall it and notify the extension’s developer about the issue or install an alternative solution.
If Youtube black screen occurs in especially Google chrome you should need to do this.
1. Uninstall Flash Player:
2. Restart your computer.
Hardware acceleration can sometimes bring about unexpected issues especially on youtube black screen problem. the problem usually happens when videos in full-screen, then this is likely a YouTube bug Google has been investigating for over a year. (Here’s a bug report.)
Turning off hardware acceleration fixes the issue. Here’s how:
Disable hardware acceleration (Flash Player)
- Right-click the video to show the video context menu.
- If you see “About Adobe Flash Player” at the bottom, then you’re using the Flash player otherwise you are using HTML5 Player.
- If you are using Flash Player Click Settings.
- Click to clear Enable hardware acceleration.
- Click Close.
- Now Restart your browser.
Disable hardware acceleration (HTML5 Player in Chrome)
- Type chrome://flags in the address bar + Enter.
- For Firefox upper right corner and then click Options.
- Go to Advance settings to find the hardware-accelerated video decode setting.
- Click Enable it.
- Now restart Chrome/Firefox.
Some users Finding that updating Java fixes the youtube video playing issue. You can download the latest version of Java here.
Bonus tip to Solve youtube black screen problem:
once in a while you could need a different browser. perhaps the internet browser you are the use of proper now could be incompatible with the YouTube player. maybe its configuration, extensions or plugins (like Adobe Flash player mentioned above) are preventing the one’s videos from playing.
Watch HD videos in Microsoft Edge
Nearly every post we found claims that Edge plays HD videos much, much better than either Chrome or Firefox.
Use the video embed URL to watch video
Try copying the video’s embed URL and pasting just the video URL in a new window. Here’s how:
Other things to try
Unsubscribe from the Ebates filter list
One consumer stated that the Ebates cash back site Filter listing prompted this youtube black screen problem to take place. Disabling the list can fix it. If this works for you.
If you’re on a Mac, Use your browser in 32-bit mode
- Open a Finder window, then open the Applications folder.
- Find the Safari/Chrome/Opera icon, right-click it to open the context menu.
- Select Get Info.
- Select Open in 32-bit mode in the checkbox.
- Restart the browser.
Note: To open the browser in 64 bit you need to uncheck the checkbox.
Other things to try
This idea comes from Windows users in a Microsoft Answers forum post.
- Try to disabling ActiveX.
- If that doesn’t help till now, open Internet Explorer and change this setting: Options > Advanced > Accelerated graphics.
- Enable Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering. Try this for Edge, too.
- If you upgrading to Windows 10 deleted your old video driver.
- Go to the respective website for your video card manufacturer (NVidia or AMD) and download a video driver according to your video card.
- If none of that helps, try uninstalling Shockwave Flash and reinstalling Chrome.
Last things to Try
Read this instruction: Try these troubleshooting suggestions from Google.
Watch these videos to your respective browser, As found it helpful ( Click on the button to watch )